FOODforce “Mission Statement”
FOODforce is a network of leading European research provider organisations active in the areas of food, nutrition and health. It recognises that members have broad remits, but share a common interest in multidisciplinary science. FOODforce provides a proactive forum for discussions on delivery of best practice and societal impact and facilitates international aspects of knowledge exchange and innovation, both within and outside the European Union.
Its objectives are to:
- Provide a forum for facilitating collaborative research amongst members
- Provide a forum to facilitate interaction with EU secretariats involved in food, nutrition and health research
- Provide a forum for contacting and expanding relationships with Third Countries relevant to EU initiatives
- Facilitate and promote mobility of researchers (particularly early career scientists)
- Develop and exchange best practice in managing food and health research
- Facilitate dissemination of information focussed on research-related issues
- Articulate with the European Technology Platform Food for Life and other relevant organisations
The FOODforce network is supported by a website. Currently, the Institute of Food Research (IFR) supplies the support for the website and acts as the secretary to the meetings. Official representatives of Third Countries relevant to current EU initiatives and of EU Directorates relevant to the interest of FOODforce can be invited to attend.